Friday, February 26, 2010

The Pressure's Off!

Pour me a glass of wine, and serve up some of those brownies I baked! I've submitted this year's fafsa application. Pour me a glass of wine, and serve up some of those brownies I baked! I've submitted this year's fafsa application!I'm incredibly grateful for the financial aid Kathryn receives in order to attend Lewis & Clark College. She is so happy there, and growing so beautifully, intellectually and personally. Every year, though, I have to fill out the online form for the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid, and it's a booger! First, our tax return must be completed. Again, I'm so grateful that someone else does it for us! Still, it must be done before the end of February (the fafsa deadline),which is a nuisance. Then, it's a matter of transferring information from the IRS 1040 to the fafsa; shouldn't be too hard, right? Except that there are always questions about whether a bit of information belongs on the student section or the parent section, and what's considered taxable income, and the problem of changing labels for certain elements. Not to mention the eviscerating feeling of poring over and exposing our numeric value.
Now it's done for the year! And I realize it's weighed on me all month, and I'd also pressed myself to complete a quilt for Laura's birthday (which I love!), and to make a birthday present for Poppy's 4th! I'll show photos of those soon!

No comments: